The first common tip to solve GIFs not working on iPhone is to disable the Reduce Motion function. This function is designed to limit the screen movement and save the battery life of your phone. However, it normally reduces some functions such as limiting the animated GIFs.
Why is my gif not working?
To play animated GIF files, you must open the files in the Preview/Properties window. To do this, select the animated GIF file, and then on the View menu, click Preview/Properties. If the GIF does not play, try re-saving the animated GIF in the collection in which you want to put it.
How do I enable GIFs on my iPhone?
How to get the iMessage GIF keyboard
- Open Messages and compose a new message or open an existing one.
- Tap the ‘A’ (Apps) icon to the left of the text field.
- If #images don’t pop up first, tap the icon with four bubbles in the bottom left corner.
- Tap on #images to browse, search and choose a GIF.
Why are GIFs not working on my phone?
So, if your Gboard GIF is not working correctly or has stopped working, it could be that your Gboard app needs an update. … If there is an update pending for Gboard app, you will be able to see it under the Updates tab. To update it, simply tap on the Update icon next to the Gboard app.
Why wont my #images work on my iPhone?
Restart the Messages App
If your Messages/iMessage is not working, #images feature may be influenced. Try force quitting the Messages app and open it again to see if this solves the problem. For iPhone X or later, go to the Home screen and then swipe up from the bottom of your screen.
How do you get GIFs back on iMessage?
Once you have opened up a messaging app of your choice, such as iMessage or WhatsApp, or the default messenger installed on Android phones, the keyboard would probably give you a GIF option. Simply clicking on it will reveal GIFs, and you can send one by selecting and clicking whichever you like.
How do I get my GIF keyboard to work?
How to Use Gif Keyboard on Android
- Click on the messaging app and tap on the compose message option.
- On the keyboard that is displayed, click on the icon that says GIF at the top (this option may only appear for users operating the Gboard). …
- Once the GIF collection is displayed, find your desired GIF and tap send.
Why do my GIFs not work on iMessage?
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
Then test #images in iMessage. (It started working for me after the reset.) After I got it working again, I proceeded with restoring all my iCloud, Find my iPhone, Wi-Fi, and Wallet settings.
Where did my #images go?
The detailed steps to fix it are: Go to the file manager and find the folder containing . nomedia file > When you have found the file, rename the file to any name you like > Then restart the device, and here you should find your missing pictures in your Android gallery again.
Why are my images not showing up in iMessage?
Make sure that the MMS is enabled
Secondly, to send and receive multimedia messages you’ll need to enable them first. If this feature isn’t enabled, you won’t see pictures, even though the sender is certain that they’re delivered. So, in order to do so, follow the instructions: Tap Settings.
Where can I get GIFs for iPhone?
Popular options include GIF Keyboard and GIPHY. If you’ve downloaded these from the App Store, they will appear on the same menu bar as the “Images” keyboard in Messages. Select the app’s icon to open its GIF library.
What’s the best GIF app?
7 best apps for making quick GIFs on your phone
- Giphy — Sticker Maker. Giphy is the go-to app and website for finding GIFs to add to Slack convos and group texts, but it’s surprisingly weak on the customization front. …
- GIF Me! …
- GIF Maker. …
- Twitter. …
- WhatsApp. …
- iPhone Camera Roll. …
- Google Photos.
How do you reset GIFs on iPhone?
Fix iMessage GIFs Not Working on iPhone
- Remove and Re-add #images. Open the iPhone Messages app and go inside a conversation or tap on the compose button to start one. …
- Check Internet Connectivity. …
- Force Quit and Reopen Messages App. …
- Restart your iPhone. …
- Check #images Availability. …
- Use a GIF Alternative App.
How do I empty the cache on my iPhone?
How to clear your iPhone cache in Safari
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select Safari from the list of apps.
- Scroll down and select Clear History and Website Data.
- Confirm your selection in the popup box.