To begin, click on the INSERT PowerPoint Ribbon and then click on the PICTURE icon (see Figure 1). When the INSERT PICTURE window opens (see Figure 2), locate the PNG file you want to insert into PowerPoint and click the INSERT button. You have now inserted your PNG file into PowerPoint.
Can PNG files be used in PowerPoint?
Insert a PNG image into PowerPoint
Click the Insert tab, then choose the Pictures command. Inside the dialog box, find your image and insert it into PowerPoint. PowerPoint can only convert images that are already within your presentation. It cannot externally convert your pictures.
How do I make a PNG transparent in PowerPoint?
Method 1 for making a picture transparent
- Insert your picture and selected it.
- Go to the Picture Format tab > Colors.
- In the drop-down menu, select the option Set Transparent Color.
- Now all you have to do is click on the color you want gone! PowerPoint will immediately make all that same color transparent.
How do I save a PNG with a transparent background?
Save The Logo As A Transparent PNG Image
Click “File” -> “Save As”. Select “PNG (*. PNG) as the file format. Note that though a transparent background looks checkered in Photoshop, it will actually be transparent in the final PNG file.
How do I put a picture as my background on PowerPoint?
- Select the slide you want to add a background picture to.
- Select Design > Format Background.
- In the Format Background pane, select Picture or texture fill.
- Select File.
- In the Insert Picture dialog box, choose the picture you want to use and then select Insert.
How do I open a .PNG file?
That means if you want to view a PNG file, you simply need to double-click it and it should open in the default viewer on your computer. You can also view a PNG file by dragging it into any web browser (or use CTRL + O to browse for the file and then open it in a browser).
Does PowerPoint support PNG transparency?
You have now inserted your PNG file into PowerPoint. From here you can manipulate, move, or resize the image just as you can with other image formats such as JPG, GIF, and BMP. For advanced users, PNG files support transparency like GIF files.