Basically you can create a dynamic link between photoshop and indesign. Place your layered photoshop document on the indesign document, and if you want to make changes to the placed PSD file, you can alt (or option) > double click on the psd file on Indesign, and that will bring up Photoshop.
How do I import a Photoshop File into InDesign?
- First, launch a new or existing InDesign project. …
- Next, choose “File” > “Place” from the top menu and locate your PSD file in the directory. …
- When you’re happy with the PSD placement, choose “File” > “Save As” to save a new version of your InDesign project.
Is InDesign compatible with Photoshop?
Though Photoshop doesn’t directly open InDesign project files, the two programs are closely related. … InDesign exports INDD files as PDFs, which Photoshop opens and imports. You can’t use PDFs to edit INDD layers, but Photoshop can edit the overall files with its own tools.
How do I place a path from Photoshop to InDesign?
To choose a path, highlight the placed image and choose Object > Clipping Path > Options. Select the Photoshop Path option from the Type menu in the dialog box that appears, and then choose a path from the list. Preview your selection, and select OK when you’re satisfied.
Can you edit Photoshop files in InDesign?
Import Adobe Photoshop (.
You can place graphics created in Adobe Photoshop directly into an InDesign layout. You can adjust the visibility of the top-level layers in InDesign, as well as view different layer comps. Changing layer visibility or layer comps in InDesign does not alter the original Photoshop file.
How to Use a Photoshop File in Adobe Illustrator
- Go to File > Place . …
- In the Import Options, turn on Convert Layers to Objects .
- Place the image and go to the Layers Panel to expand the current layer so you can see the sublayers. …
- The Photoshop layers have been converted to objects.
How do I import a photo into InDesign?
Choose File > Place, and select files. You can select graphics files, text files, InDesign files, and other files you can add to InDesign documents. Optionally, select Show Import Options, click Open, and specify the import options for each file.
When should I use Illustrator vs Photoshop or InDesign?
Each program has its place as demonstrated with a magazine. In summary, Photoshop is for editing photos, Illustrator is used for creating drawings, and InDesign is used for creating layouts of images and text.
What file formats are supported by InDesign?
File > Place formats (Import in graphics and text files)
|doc, docx||Microsoft Word document|
|xls, xlsx||Microsoft Excel documents|
How can I get InDesign for free?
In order to download and use Adobe InDesign for free, you must first go to https://www.adobe.com/products/indesign.html. There you will see, at the top of the page, the “Free Trial” button. Clicking on it will open a window with two options: InDesign: Here you can download only Adobe InDesign.
How do I copy a shape from Photoshop to InDesign?
Give the path a fill of color and then select it and copy (Command(Mac)/Control(PC)-C) and then paste it into InDesign (Comman… Make sure you have saved your Photoshop path in the Paths panel. Then choose File > Export > Paths to Illustrator… You’ll be asked to save this AI file to a location.
How do I make a clipping path in InDesign?
Create a clipping path automatically
- Select an imported graphic, and choose Object > Clipping Path.
- In the Clipping Path dialog box, choose Detect Edges in the Type menu. …
- Specify the clipping path options, and click OK.
When preparing Photoshop and Illustrator files import to InDesign?
- The text should all be done in InDesign, not Illustrator or Photoshop. …
- If you’re creating images in Photoshop, you can them Place (import) them into InDesign using Cmd+D (on a Mac, Ctrl+D on PC)… but 300dpi (CMYK) is the optimum resolution.
Open a layout in Adobe InDesign CS3 or CS4. Choose File > Place. In the Place dialog box, check Show Import Options, then select the Illustrator file you saved in Step 2, and click the Open button. A Place PDF dialog will appear on your screen.
How do I import a master page in InDesign?
You can import master pages from other InDesign documents by clicking on the icon in the top-right corner of the Page Panel and selecting Master Pages > Load Master Pages .