How do you create a custom shape in Illustrator?
Start making artwork
- You can create a variety of primitive shapes with the vector Shape tools in Illustrator. …
- Press and hold the Rectangle tool in the Toolbar and select the Polygon tool. …
- To move a shape, drag its center point. …
- You can also combine shapes to create new, more complex shapes in just a couple of clicks.
How do you make cool shapes in Illustrator?
To achieve cool shapes with sharp or soft edges, draw a simple circle, then apply the Zig Zag effect under Distort & Transform:
- Create a circle using the Ellipse Tool.
- Effect → Distort & Transform → Zig Zag (make sure the shape is selected)
- Move the sliders around until you get your desired effect and configuration.
How do I make a complex shape in Illustrator?
Combine shapes with the Shape Builder tool
- Select the shapes you want to combine.
- Select the Shape Builder tool in the Toolbar. The Shape Builder tool lets you combine or remove shapes you select.
- Drag across shapes to combine them.
How do you make a cloud shape in Illustrator?
Press V, shortcut key of Selection Tool, select the cloud shape. Once you have selected the cloud shape you will see small points at the corners and middle points of the selection box. Move your pointer to the corner point and with left click drag it.
How do you fill an irregular shape in Illustrator?
Select the drawn object with the Selection tool, and then select the Stroke tool and a color from the swatch. This will color the lines and strokes in the object. Then, select the Fill tool and pick a color from the swatch. Clicking inside the object will fill it with the selected color or pattern.
How do you make an irregular circle in Illustrator?
Select the polygon tool.
- Click the canvas and edit your settings to create your shape. …
- Choose Effect > Distort & Transform > Pucker & Bloat.
- For a bumpy circle, use a small positive percentage.
- For a splat, use a negative percentage.
- For a flower, use a large bloat percentage.
How do you create a mask in Illustrator?
A clipping mask can be made in a few different ways:
- Drop down Menu: Object > Clipping Mask > Make.
- Shortcut Key: Command > 7.
- Layer Panel: Make/Release Clipping Mask icon at the bottom.
- Right click: highlight all objects and select Make Clipping Mask.