When you have made a selection in Photoshop, you can easily make that selection a few pixels larger of smaller by choosing Select > Modify. To make your selection bigger choose Expand, to make the selection smaller, choose Contract.
How do I edit a selected area in Photoshop?
To refine the selection of an image:
- Open an image in Quick/Expert mode. …
- Select Refine Selection Brush tool (A).
- From the four modes available (Add, Subtract, Push, Smooth), select the Add mode. …
- Press and hold cursor on the image you want to make precise and refined selections on.
How do I resize a selection in Photoshop?
In the Layers panel, select one or more layers that contain images or objects you want to resize. Choose Edit > Free Transform. A transform border appears around all the content on the selected layers. Hold the Shift key to avoid distorting the content, and drag the corners or edges until it is the desired size.
How do I clean up a selection in Photoshop?
Use the tools in the panel on the left, with their Add to selection and Subtract from selection options, to clean up the selection.
- Use the Quick Selection tool to select automatically based on similar tones and image edges.
- Use the Refine Edge Brush tool for more precise selection of soft edges, like hair or fur.
How do I resize a path in Photoshop?
To do this, press A to get the tool, then go up in the Options Bar and turn on the checkbox for Show Bounding Box. This puts a Free Transform-like bounding box around your path, and you can use this bounding box to resize your path by dragging the handles (remember to hold the Shift key to resize it proportionately).
How do I resize the Quick selection tool in Photoshop?
To change the size of the Quick Selection brush, Press [ [ ] or [ ] ]. next to Brush Size. In the Diameter section, move the slider to the desired brush size.
How do I edit a quick selection in Photoshop?
Click and drag over an area you want to select. The tool automatically selects similar tones and stops when it finds image edges. To add to the initial selection, just click and drag over another area. The Quick Selection tool automatically changes to the Add to selection option.
How do you smooth borders in Photoshop?
Define a feathered edge for an existing selection
- In the Edit workspace, use a selection tool from the toolbox to make a selection.
- Choose Select > Feather.
- Type a value between . 2 and 250 in the Feather Radius text box, and click OK. The feather radius defines the width of the feathered edge.
How do I get rid of hard edges in Photoshop?
- Open the photo with the rough edges in Adobe Photoshop CS5, and then select the Blur tool from the toolbox.
- Hold down “Alt” and use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in on the section of the image with the rough edges. …
- Press “[” or “]” with the Blur tool selected to decrease or increase the size of the brush.